CDAS offers 4 customized on-site classes. We come to your company’s location so you don’t have to worry about covering the expenses of sending your employees somewhere to train.
4-hour or 8-hour training
This is an informative program designed to educate the beverage server on all aspects of proper alcohol service and reduce your business liability under Dram Shop laws.
Dram Shop laws make it possible for bar owners and alcohol servers to be held financiallyliable for over-serving customers on their premises when that customer subsequently injuressomeone or causes property damage, typically by drunk driving. Alcohol education is animportant piece when training your liquor store and bar staff.
The term “dram shop” comes from 18th century businesses in England that sold gin by thespoonful, called a dram. Dram Shop laws hold retail establishments accountable for any harm -death, injury, or other damages – caused by an intoxicated patron.
- Learn server responsibility
- Dispel myths about impairing quantities (learn how much is enough)
- Learn how to correctly check IDs
- Reduce liability under DRAM Shop laws
- Learn how to recognize fake IDs
- Reduce accidents and injuries
- Recognize impaired customers or employees
- Create safer environment for customers & staff